Content. Content is the buzzword taking the Internet by storm – content strategies, content marketing, content is king. We firmly agree that content is the way to a consumer’s heart, but even more so is visual content. Don’t get us wrong, we’re still big supporters of articles, blogs, and whitepapers (or we wouldn’t be writing this!), but who’s got time for that? People are busy. People want information and they want it fast. After all, the average attention span has dropped from 12 seconds in 2000 to 8 seconds. To give you an idea of what you’re working with, a goldfish has the attention span of 9 seconds. Visual content gives the people what they want. It delivers messages in one tightly bundled package. Visual content isn’t only photos; it’s videos, infographics, memes, GIF’s, presentations. Visual content is dominating the online space. Still having a tough time letting go of those words? Here are some reasons why you need to take the plunge into visual content.
- Visuals are processed 60,000X faster in the brain than text.
- Only 1 out of 5 readers get beyond the headline.
- Viewers spend 100% more time on pages with videos on them.
- 40% of people will respond better to visual information than plain text.
- Social media posts with visuals receive 94% more page visits and engagement than those without.
- Visual platforms are rapidly increasing in popularity – 150 million active users upload over 55 million images daily to Instagram and Pinterest has 70 million users with 30 billion pins.
- Companies who use infographics grow in traffic an average of 12% more than those who don’t.
- Social media posts with videos attract 3 times more inbound links than plain text posts.
- 90% of information that comes to the brain is visual.
- Articles with images get 94% more views than those without.
- Viewers are 85% more likely to purchase a product after watching a product video.
We think it’s safe to say that visual content isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.